Chartered Online Accountant provides services to a range of charities, not-for-profit organisations and community interest companies. Running such an organisation effectively is a challenging task in the current economic climate. The right professional advice can make all the difference, with the combined pressure of raising funds, managing your finances, meeting stakeholder demands and keeping on top of the constantly changing regulatory and legal framework.
Contrary to popular belief charities do not have a blanket exemption from taxes, there are of course generous tax reliefs for charities but only if the precise terms of some specific exemption or relief are satisfied. A charity which has taxable income is required to notify HMRC and to file a tax return in the same way as any other taxpayer and is liable to the same penalties if it fails to meet its obligations.
Charities with permanent staff face exactly the same issues as employers in the commercial sector. They also have an important relationship with their volunteer staff, which is overlooked from the legislative point of view.
Areas covered include:
- Preparing and independently examining the charity's accounts to ensure that they comply with best practice (SORP)
- Advising on how best to keep the accounting records of the charity
- Advice on accounts presentation
- Secretarial duties and meeting filing requirements of the Charity Commission and Companies House (if appropriate)
- Advising on governance and best practice
- Advising on tax efficient fund raising and trading issues
- Governance Matters including charity structure and trustee responsibilities
- VAT, capital gains and other taxation issues
- Planning and Finance - Fundraising and Gift Aid tax reclaims
- Payroll services
- IT support and provision of software consultancy
For more detail check-out the full list of services
Please see what clients say on the testimonials page.
Please contact us on 020-8133-9876, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact us form if you need further advice, have any questions about our services or would like a free consultation and a fixed fee quote.